I offer psychotherapy in South East London, near Crystal Palace. I use a range of approaches, in a confidential and non-judgemental space, to help you improve your wellbeing and overcome symptoms and issues you might be facing. My aim is that together we can help you improve your wellbeing which can include
• Having a confidential safer space to share your deepest concerns
• Feeling deeply listened to and supported
• Better understanding of the symptoms you experience and why they may have developed
• Developing skills and tools to manage difficult feelings, thoughts and body sensations
• More able to live in the here and now rather than through the legacy of your past experiences
• Knowing, understanding and managing different aspects of your personality
• Knowing and developing a stronger sense of who you feel you really are
• Clearer purpose and direction in life
• More confidence and self-esteem
• Better able to be in relationship with yourself and others around you
• Being more resilient and able to cope with life’s difficulties and their effects on you
Issues you might bring
You are probably looking for help because you are experiencing issues you are finding difficult to manage on your own. These issues and difficulties might include:
• feelings of anxiety or depression
• stress at work and burnout
• lack of confidence and self esteem
• feelings of loneliness and isolation
• difficulties in relationships
• living with the legacy of traumatic experiences
• stressful family life
• separation or divorce
• a sense of being out of control or panic
• lack of motivation and deeper meaning in life and a sense of something missing
• feelings of surviving rather than thriving.
• difficulty in making choices or in achieving certain goals, such as career changes.
I use a range of approaches. My original training was in psychosynthesis psychotherapy. I have since added knowledge and skills in attachment theory, sensorimotor, EMDR and trauma-informed therapy.
To support you achieve better wellbeing I use a range of approaches. My original training from 2006 was in psychosynthesis psychotherapy. Psychosynthesis therapy is a broad based approach that works to understand the issues and problems that you are currently facing by looking at aspects of your past. It looks at the patterns you have developed and seeks to uncover hidden or underdeveloped parts of yourself so that you can realise your future potential and find purpose and meaning.
I have since added knowledge and skills in attachment theory, sensorimotor and trauma-informed therapy. But the most important aspect of our work together will be whether you feel I am someone you would like to work with and are able, over time, so share your deepest concerns with. Research has shown that the most important factor across multiple different therapy approaches is the therapeutic relationship between the therapist and the client. A Clinical Psychology Review article in 2013 said “the therapeutic alliance (relationship between therapist and client) plays an extremely important role in the change process”.
So the most important decision you will need to make in choosing a therapist to work with is whether I am somebody you would like to work with. The initial assessment is an important way of helping you know this.
Approach and Duration
The number of sessions will depend on the issues or problems you are bringing, and whether they are specific or general in nature, and is always dictated by your needs and choices.
The first session is an opportunity for us to meet and get to know each other. I will ask you general questions about yourself, your background and your reasons for seeking counseling. You will have the opportunity to ask me questions about my background and experience, the counseling approach I use and anything else you may wish to know.
Each session lasts an hour and we would review the work regularly.
For more information about how I work please see my website http://www.beyondclouds.co.uk
To arrange an initial consultation please contact me.