MA Psychosynthesis Psychology (non-clinical)
Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling
The course and the experiential learning format is complete in itself and is designed for individuals who wish to engage in their own inner and personal journey and forms the basis for further professional training. The course is an in-depth exploration of the inner world of the individual and their existential, personal and sacred journey towards the realisation of their Spiritual and Personal identity.
Throughout participants are encouraged to build and nurture a sense of Self – a centre of consciousness, through Mindful Self Awareness and the capacity to be present and relational both to oneself and to others. They are encouraged too, to develop awareness around how consciousness is ’embodied’ – ie held in the body – as well as experienced cognitively.
The core training consists of Modules 1 and 2. Students can opt for this academic part of the training only and gain either a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychology or with the addition of a thesis Module they can gain an MA in Psychosynthesis Psychology. The thesis module can be undertaken any time after Module 2 on its own or while doing advanced clinical training. Students can get these awards in addition to those below. The MA in Psychosynthesis Psychology is quality assured by Middlesex University and you will receive a Middlesex award on successful completion.
In Module 2, students start clinical training. Students only start seeing clients once they have a good enough grounding in Psychosynthesis. However, most students don’t complete the required client hours within this time frame, as it takes time to build up a client practice. They complete to required clinical hours while continuing on their advanced training or take a transition year to do this.
If you wish to continue training, you can carry on and do Modules 3 and 4. This takes you along a track to the next level of qualification: a Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling or a Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy. Or you can do Module 3C for the coaching stream.
2 years part-time minimum commitment. Each module is 1 year part-time.
MA and Diploma Programme Duration
For the MA in Psychosynthesis Psychology, a thesis module is required in addition to Modules 1 and 2. So the total minimum committent for the MA is 2.5 years.
For the Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling, in addition to the academic programme in Modules 1 and 2 clinical students will be required to undertake relevant training alongside their studies. This can take 6 months minimum commitment but can take longer, depending on the individual circumstances of the student. So the total minimum committent for the Counselling Diploma is 2.5 years.
- Successful completion of the Institute’s Fundamentals of Psychosynthesis course, or equivalent
- Two satisfactory personal references (non-family members)
- To have demonstrated, though a written application form, the psychological maturity necessary to enable them to process their own psychological material in relationship to others
- A first degree in a subject relevant to this area of study, or relevant experience that demonstrates that demonstrates a capacity to study at postgraduate level
- For speakers of English as a second language an IELTS score of 7.0 (or equivalent) is required
- Subsequent to the written application form an interview may be required with the Training Director and/or member of the faculty
- The Institute recognises a small number of other organisations as providing training which can be considered equivalent to the Institute Fundamentals of Psychosynthesis which is a pre-requisite for the diploma courses. Information about this is available on request. In exceptional circumstances, credit may be awarded for parts of the Diploma programme where equivalent learning has taken place in those organisations
Diploma in Psychosynthesis Life Coaching
During Module 2, students can start life coach training with the addition of coaching supervisions.